Thursday, February 16, 2012

Twist your tongue

Good morning all.
on the 16th February 2011, we were asked to prepare 3 types of tongue twister. I am sure everyone knows what is tongue twister. A tongue twister is a phrase,sentence or rhyme that presents difficulties when spoken because it contains similar sounds-For example, Whistle for the thistle sifter. To get the full effect of a tongue twister, you should try to repeat it several times, as quickly as possible, without stumbling or mispronouncing. Tongue-twister test your skill in quickly pronouncing carefully contrived utterances that run you through a gauntlet of common slips of the tongue.

This task was fun as all of us were busy to practice our tongue twister phrase. There were a lot examples of tongue twisters in the internet. I can see that everyone enjoyed doing this task. some of my friends even practice the tongue twister phrase at the cafe, in the toilet, and at home.

below is our group's tongue twister phrase:
our first tongue twister phrase is:
I wish to wish the wish you wish to wish,
but if you wish the wish the witch wishes,
i won't wish the wish you wish to wish.

our second tongue twister phrase is:
the thirty-three thieves thought that they thrilled the throne throughout Thursday.

our third tongue twister phrase is:
Chester Cheetah chews a chunk of cheep cheddar cheese.
as we can see, the first tongue twister phrase is more complicated than the second tongue twister. To make it easier, we transform the second tongue twister into a very cute song. Then, it was easier for us to pronounce and memorize it. Actually, we should present 3 tongue twisters in the class. However, we just present two tongue twisters, which are the first and the second tongue twisters.

For me, this task was enjoyable as we can practice our pronunciation. Everyone loves to play with language. Thus,there were so many ways to play with it; rhymes,songs, palindromes and many more. I feel that among the most enjoyable language games are tongue-twisters. In my opinion, if you are an actor or radio announcer, these are great exercises of enunciation and articulation. I feel that I can teach my students to say some tongue twisters during my coming first practicum. I am sure they will enjoy it too as I do!

Last but not least, I am sure that Mdm Ira also enjoyed this activity to the fullest. Once again, our group was chosen as Winner of Tongue-twister activity. Thank you madam! i love you more!

Off for now!

here, i want to share tongue-twister website which i like:
enjoy it everyone:)


No comments:

Post a Comment