Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Reflection on the worksheet

On the 14th February 2012, we were given a task to prepare a worksheet with two sentences for analysis using tree diagrams and its suggested answers. For me, this task was quite challenging since I need to know how to make a tree diagram. I had created two sentences; my first sentence was “the children in the class play the musical instruments skilfully. My second sentence was, “the train stopped at this junction for two minutes.”

In analysing these two sentences, I need to know which word class the word belongs to, such as the noun phrase, verb phrase, prepositional phrase and other word classes. We had learnt about word classes during our foundation in semester 3, so, I felt that it was not so difficult for me to identify the word classes in the sentence. For me, drawing tree diagram is not an easy task. I realized that, the longer your sentence is, the more difficult for you to draw your tree diagram because a long sentence require a large space to draw.

Since Madam Ira was not around, so we just send in our draft through e-mail. However, since the time is not at our side, Madam Ira asked us to discuss it with our group members and do the necessary corrections in our draft. Thanks to Madam Ira as she was able to check my draft and did some corrections. With the help from my friends too, I was able to improve my sentences to a better one. We were able to collaborate with each other and learn from our mistakes.

I have chosen Beremas to do my worksheet questions and I was impressed as she managed to answer almost all the questions with the correct answer. And same goes for me too. I was able to answer all the questions in her worksheet. Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment