Monday, February 13, 2012

Non-verbal communication

We are asked by Madam Ira to prepare 3 minutes mime ( non-verbal communication). at the beginning of the lesson, we have discussed about the definition of communication. according to the notes given by Mdm Ira, communication is a two way process between 2 parties, which are the sender and the receiver.
communication can be divided into two; non-vocal and vocal. anyway, from today's class, i have learned two new words. the words are:
1) tactile: From Online Oxford Dictionaries,the meaning of tactile can be read from http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/tactile?q=tactile
2) olfactory: The meaning of olfactory also can be read from http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/olfactory?q=olfactory.
though these two words might not new to others, but for me, these are the new vocabularies which I have learned during English class.

For 3 minutes mime activity,our group have created a short video entitled The X-factor. This short simple scene takes place during the X-factor audition. Nickelson and I were the participants while Beremas and Edward were the judges. The video was very interesting. We love acting! In the previous semester (for ELE subject), we have already learned how to make video and how to edit the video. The most difficult part was when inserting sound effects, such as a song, since we just do a mime action only. For me, we have acted very well. I really enjoyed the process of acting it out! Special appreciation I would like to dedicate to all my group members.

I really enjoyed watching Lydia’s group mime. It was so funny and enjoyable. What we did during the whole class presentation was laughed and laughed. It was fun. I feel that this type of activity should be done very often to encourage students’ involvement in the class. Before this, I seldom involve actively during the English class, but in this semester, I feel that this subject is very interesting. I admit that I fall in love with language study in this semester. Also, I feel that Mdm Ira is really capable in teaching language!







No comments:

Post a Comment